A country that boasts everything from major cosmopolitan cities filled daring modern architecture, art and history, to rugged coast and mighty mountain ranges that take you through charming rural communities seemingly unchanged over time.
The Pyrenees delivers an outdoor lovers playground and the perfect destination for a Spanish Adventure Holiday. From white water rafting and horse riding to multi day hikes and bike rides, Spain has it all and delivers it with a welcoming open door and heart-warming local glass of wine.
Winter in the Spanish mountains brings the chance to go snow-shoeing, skiing, hiking and ice skating making is a year round destination for those with the adventurous spirit.
Area: 504,782 SQ KM
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit for a summer Spanish Adventure Holiday is between April and September, with a winter Adventure Holiday best between December and March.
- Take a back-country skiing trip through untouched wilderness in snow covered mountains in the Pyrenees
- Take a winter sightseeing flight over the stunning snow-capped Pyrenees mountains
- White water raft on local river rapids through the mountains
- Get away from it all and hike through the stunning Spanish wilderness and small villages
- Take to horseback to explore the Spanish countryside
Food and Drink
Spain has a wide and varied range of dishes influenced by the people who have lived there. Many dishes are regionally traditional so it is worth asking for local specialities when you get there, a few typical Spanish dishes include:
- Paella, a saffron rice and seafood dish
- Tapas, a wide variety of appetizers
- Fabada asturiana, a heavy white bean based stew
- Talau, a basque fried bread from the Pyrenees
When it comes to drinks, there is also a wide variety to choose from, including:
- Spain has a world class heritage in wine making
- Try some of the Spanish beers such as San Miguel
- Sangria, wine, fruit and a sweetener
- Horchata or Orxata, traditional drinks made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley or tigernuts
- Carajillo, a Spanish drink combining coffee with brandy, whisky, anisette or rum.
Where to go and what to do
Interested in Spain?
If you are interested in travelling to Spain and would like to speak to one of our personal travel experts simply call +44 (0) 800 566 8901 or leave us a message through our Contact Us page. We can’t wait to help make your next dream holiday a reality.